Creative Director | Los Angeles
Employment Type: Part-time or Full-time
Brand Bureau is a multidisciplinary creative agency inspired by and rooted in hospitality. Born out of a desire to make the everyday remarkably hospitable, we work at the intersection of hospitality and design in order to create thoughtful brands that have a real impact in people’s lives.
We’re Looking For…
A Creative Director with a passion for hospitality and a strong background in developing powerful graphic identities for national hospitality, retail, and CPG brands. You have a unique way of viewing the world, always seeing opportunities to visualize ideas in fresh, original ways. You have a strong point of view on design, and you are able to communicate this to your team, clients and partners with clarity, conviction and without ego.You’re a natural storyteller, both visually and verbally.
You are an outstanding design talent, passionate conceptual thinker, and have experience integrating different design disciplines into a single creative solution, and able to express that solution across diverse touchpoints. You have an entrepreneurial drive, are unafraid to take initiative, and view yourself as a strong leader.
You have extensive experience building consumer brands and identity systems across
a range of different touchpoints. You have successfully led design projects and teams.
You have worked with both emerging start-ups and established category leaders, with
a keen understanding of the nuances of both client typologies. You have experience bringing brands to life through collateral, packaging, digital, and environmental design. You have a strong understanding of typography and a keen appreciation for visual storytelling. You have strong communication and presentation skills. You are highly organized, collaborative and detail-oriented.
About the Role
Creative Direction – steering and guiding the creative and conceptual vision of each project, from both aesthetic and technical perspectives
Client Management – presenting creative work, nurturing client relationships and building client trust, pitching new projects
Team Leadership – growing and managing our graphic design team, including mentoring junior staff, providing constructive feedback, and leveraging external talent networks
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years experiencing leading and managing a design team
- Minimum 10 years design experience at a branding firm or creative agency
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of branding and graphic design, including: visual identities, print collateral, communications design, environmental graphics, packaging, digital design, etc.
- Well-versed in both print and digital production and experience managing external vendors
- Experience working and collaborating with strategists and other creatives
- Proven ability to grow and foster/mentor young designers
- Prior experience leading new business pitches
- Keen ability to develop high-level strategies and adjust alongside shifting goals
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite for Mac
Brand Bureau offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Additional health benefits such as life insurance, LTD and additional voluntary life insurance
- PTO, holidays, and birthday/floating holidays
- Annual Bonus
- Company matched 401(k) plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Quarterly employee events
- Travel opportunities
Brand Bureau is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and gender expression), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Brand Bureau is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]
Part-time or Full-time
Get in touch! If you’re interested in applying for this role, send us an email with your resume and portfolio that not only features completed work but show us how you think and your process. [email protected]